Our business pays taxes through a Parent Company, but payroll is through our business. How do I obtain a COGS for our own business?

Modified on Fri, 08 Apr 2022 at 08:52 AM

If you are a business that sits under a larger parent company and are wondering how you obtain a COGS from the Department of Revenue if the parent company manages your taxes, you can obtain a COGS for your specific business if you create a NEW MassTaxConnect account for your specific business and FEIN number. The Department of Revenue will be able to connect your business with your Parent Company, and pending taxes are in compliance, will send you a valid COGS for your business.

We cannot accept a COGS from your parent corporation, it must be specifically for the FEIN and business name that the payroll employees attending training are under.

If you have any specific questions about your MassTaxConnect account or the specifics of obtaining a COGS, please connect directly with the Department of Revenue by sending an e-message through your current MassTaxConnect account, or calling (617) 887-6400.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article